Thai Spring Rolls
- 8 ounces leeks, julienne
- 8 ounces carrots, julienne
- 8 ounces celery, julienne
- 1/2 bulb fennel, julienne
- 3 Japanese eggplants, julienne
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 24 egg roll wrappers
- 4 cups canola oil
Combine vegetables, blanch in salted water until done. To this mixture add basil, mint, cilantro, ginger, hot chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Place 1 tablespoon of mixture on egg roll skin, roll like a cigar. Fry in hot oil, until brown and crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Someone's in the Kitchen