Thai-Style Mexican Chicken Wraps
Contest 43 and Sarah La Fon, Franklin, TN - 2008 Finalist. www.pillsbury.com/bakeoff Peanut Sauce and curry paste add an Asian flair to[ chicken tacos.]
- Total Time:
- 42 min
- 35 min
- 7 min
- 8 servings
- 1 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 package (1.25 oz) Old El Paso(r) 40 percent less-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup bottled peanut sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Domino(r) or C and H(r) Granulated Sugar
- 1 package (11.5 oz) Old El Paso(r) flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 2 2/3 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Decorative toothpicks, if desired
Cut chicken into small bite-size pieces. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, mix peanut sauce, red curry paste, lime juice and sugar. Microwave uncovered on High 30 to 40 seconds or until warm. Stir thoroughly until all of the curry paste is dissolved.
Heat tortillas by placing 1 at a time in 10-inch nonstick skillet or on hot nonstick griddle on medium-high heat 3 to 5 seconds, turning once.
To assemble each wrap, spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of 1 tortilla. Top with sour cream, cheese, lettuce and onion. Drizzle with generous 1 tablespoon curry-peanut sauce. Fold 2 sides of tortilla to the middle; secure with toothpick. Serve warm.
High altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Domino is the registered trademark of American Sugar Refining, Inc. Yonkers, NY 10750
C and H is a registered trademark of C and H Sugar Company, Crockett, CA
Recipe and photo courtesy of General Mills. Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills (c)2008.