The Best Chocolate Malted
- Warm Glossy Chocolate Sauce:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3/8 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons warm glossy chocolate sauce, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons malt powder
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
Warm Glossy Chocolate Sauce: In the top half of a double boiler, combine the 2 chocolates over simmering water. Stir constantly until melted, then whisk in the corn syrup and water. Whisk until smooth and shiny.
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Courtesy Gale Gand, “American Brasserie” by Gale Gand, Rick Tramonto, Julia Moskin, MacMillian, Publishers, 1997