- 1 cup peanut oil
- 3 stalks lemongrass, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chile peppers
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (can be purchased at most grocery stores)
- 3 pounds beef top round or flank, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- Special Equipment: wooden skewers
Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow pan or bowl. Add beef and marinate, in the refrigerator, for 1 to 3 hours. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Skewer the meat and then grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until the desired degree of doneness. Serve with peanut sauce.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 slices chile pepper, minced
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 12 ounces water
Heat peanut oil in a saute pan over low heat. Add garlic and "sweat" (cook until it softens and releases moisture but does not color) over low heat until fragrant, approximately 1 minute. Add the chile peppers and continue to cook for another minute. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Adjust the consistency with additional water, if necessary.
Yield: about 2 cups sauce
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.