- 2 pounds butter
- 1/2-quart warm water
- 2 pounds granulated sugar, plus 1/2-ounce
- 1/4 teaspoon lecithin (emulsifier)
- 1/2 pound raw almonds, chopped, plus extra almonds, roasted and chopped, for garnish
- 1/4-ounce table salt
- 1/2-ounce granulated sugar
- Melted chocolate, for garnish,optional
Melt butter and bring to boil. Add warm water and return to boil. Add the 2 pounds of sugar and lecithin, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes homogenous. Add almonds and cook until almonds are roasted. Lower flame and cook to 300 degrees F. Take off heat; add salt and remaining 1/2-ounce granulated sugar until dissolved, stirring constantly. Pour onto greased baking sheet, spread out as thin as practical, score and cut.
Option: Once cooled, dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with roasted chopped almonds.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.