- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Sauteed vegetables, recipe follows
- Garlic mashed potatoes, recipe follows
- Fried leeks, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until incorporated. Form into loaf and place in loaf pan and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool and slice meatloaf into 1-inch slices. On a serving plate, layer Napoleon style in the following order: sauteed vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, a slice of meatloaf, a second layer of garlic mashed potatoes, a second slice of meatloaf, and top with fried leeks.
- 1 peeled carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Thinly slice vegetables into 1/8-inch by 1/8-inch by 2-inch strips. Saute all vegetables in pan with olive oil and season, to taste.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Pinch salt and white pepper
Place peeled and sliced potatoes in pot of water and boil until soft. Strain potatoes. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl add remaining ingredients and whip until texture is fine. Place garlic mashed potatoes in a pastry bag with a star tip.
- 1 leek, cleaned
- Olive oil
Cut leek into julienne strips and coat with cornstarch. In a saute pan, heat enough oil to cover leeks. Drop in leeks and fry until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.