- 3 ounces jumbo lump crab, picked over to remove cartilage and bones
- 1-ounce avocado, diced
- 1-ounce cucumber, diced
- 1-ounce tomato concasse
- 1/4-ounce shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4-ounce chives, finely sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 ounces stiffly beaten whipped cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons gazpacho coulis, recipe follows
- 3 to 4 sprigs chervil or leaves of basil, for garnish
In a small bowl, gently fold the crab with the avocado, cucumber, tomato concasse, shallots, chives and lemon juice together. In a larger, separate bowl, fold the mayonnaise with the whipped cream. Using a spatula, fold the crab mixture into the mayonnaise mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Place a 3-inch round cookie cutter in the center of a chilled plate. Fill the cookie cutter with the crab salad and remove the cookie cutter. There should be a cylinder of crab salad. Drizzle the gazpacho coulis around the crab salad, and garnish with chervil or basil.