- 1 large plantain banana, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 ounces butter
- 8 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 slices ham
- 8 ounces tomato salsa, recipe follows
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup green peas, cooked
- 1 cup grated queso fresca (fresh cheese)
In a large saute pan, fry the plantains in butter until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Fry the eggs to desired degree of doneness in butter. In another saute pan, fry the corn tortillas in butter. Set aside.
Layer tortilla with ham, eggs, and the salsa. Top with sour cream, peas, and fresh cheese. Garnish with the plantain.
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 Serrano chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
Combine all the ingredients and boil for 20 minutes and then chop in blender and add salt and pepper.