- 4 (1 1/2-pound) spiny lobsters
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 4 ounces chopped fresh herbs of your choice (we like to use Italian parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon and a bit of rosemary)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick (1/4-pound) butter, cut in 8 pieces
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Preheat the grill to high.
Split lobsters; butterfly from the top and remove intestines. Rinse head area in cold water to remove any waste matter.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, and all of the garlic and chopped herbs. Set aside.
Brush lobsters lightly with remaining oil and grill for approximately 5 minutes, meaty side down. Turn halfway through for grill marking and even cooking. Remove lobsters from grill, and place on a sheet pan, meaty side up. Coat with the herb and garlic mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place 2 pieces of butter on each lobster tail and put in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the clarified butter mixed with the lemon juice. Drizzle over lobster as a sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.