- Oil, for frying
- 4 Idaho potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup bottled nacho cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese
- Salsa, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
In a deep fryer or large heavy pot, heat oil to 350 degrees F. (If using a large heavy pot, do not fill the oil more than halfway full).
Fry the potatoes until golden brown, and then drain on paper towels.
Preheat the broiler. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and add the remaining ingredients, except the salsa and sour cream, on top. Broil for a few minutes until bubbly. Put on a platter and serve with salsa and sour cream.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.