- 1 (2 pound) salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce tequila
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces sugar
- 5 ounces salt
- 7 ounces cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces coriander seed, cracked
- 2 lemon grass stalks, halved lengthwise
- 1 ounce chopped dill
- 1 ounce chopped fresh cilantro
- Suggested servings: with mixed green salad, on toasted brioche, or on sticky rice patties
Place salmon skin down on cheesecloth. Leave enough cheesecloth on all sides to completely cover finished product.
Mix gin, tequila, lemon juice, and brush on fish. Mix sugar, salt, pepper, and coriander seed and spread evenly on fish. Place lemon grass on fish. Combine dill and fresh cilantro and spread evenly on fish.
Wrap salmon in cheesecloth and place in a perforated pan (place tray underneath pan to collect juices) Place pan on top of fish with 2 to 3 pounds of weight. Cure under refrigeration for 3 days remove cheesecloth and scrape off the cure. Slice thinly keeping knife at a 30-degree angle. Best served with mixed green salad, on toasted brioche, on sticky rice patties.