- 1 (12-inch) muffuletta bun spread with garlic butter
- 16 pieces Genoa salami
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 6 pieces thinly sliced provolone
- 4 pieces thinly sliced tomato
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- Monjunis Olive mix, recipe follows
Layer the bun with ingredients, in order given, and top with the peppers. Bake muffuletta to warm and melt cheese. Spread with Monjunis Olive Mix.
Monjunis Olive Mix:
1/4 cup good quality olive oil
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
1/2 cup green olives, pitted
1 stalk celery
2 tablespoons capers
2 red peppers
2 cloves fresh garlic
Fresh or dried Italian herbs such as basil, oregano, or parsley
Chop ingredients finely or coarsely, whichever is your pleasure. Store in tightly sealed glass jar.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.