- Water, for boiling pasta
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
- Parmesan, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil. Just before the smoking point, add the minced garlic, basil, fresh and dried oregano, parsley, black pepper, and red chile pepper flakes. Immediately turn off the heat.
Drain pasta well and add spaghetti to the sauce. Toss well to coat the spaghetti. Plate the pasta into warmed pasta bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan