- 3 pounds butter
- 2 pounds shallots, coarsely chopped
- 24 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 4 1/2 ounces white wine
- 24 large shrimp, head on/tail on
Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add most of the shallots (saving some for garnish) and garlic to the pan. Cook until shallots become soft, about 6 minutes. Add oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, minced onion, salt, and lemon juice to the mixture and simmer approximately 10 minutes. Add white wine and shrimp to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes on each side. Allow shrimp to rest for approximately 2 minutes to absorb flavors.
To serve as an appetizer, plate 4 shrimp over fresh cuts of French bread. Ladle excess sauce over the dish. To serve as an entree, plate 8 shrimp over 4 ounces of linguine. Ladle excess sauce over the dish.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.