- 4 chicken breasts, skin on, bone in
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Accent (flavor enhancer)
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
Soak chicken breasts for at least 10 minutes in cold water to which 1 tablespoon granulated garlic has been added.
Mix together the flour, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, regular salt, 1 tablespoon granulated garlic and Accent in a paper bag. Add the breasts, 1 at a time, and shake each thoroughly to coat.
Heat cooking oil to approximately 315 degrees F in a deep fryer. Fry breasts approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Note: This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.