- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large veal fillets (about 2 pounds), cut across the grain and pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 4 slices ham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper the veal on both sides. Lay the fillets on a clean surface. Sprinkle them with parsley, then lay a slice of ham and 2 egg halves on each. Roll the fillets around the filling then tie the rolls with kitchen twine or thread.
Dredge the veal rolls in flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the veal rolls and fry until browned on all sides. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter and enough water to almost cover the veal rolls. Simmer until the veal is tender, about 30 minutes. Slice the rolls on the bias, arrange on 4 warm plates, and serve.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.