- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 to 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 lemon, juiced
Sort through crabmeat and remove any shells. Mix in bread crumbs until there is an even distribution through out the crabmeat.
In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Gradually add the mix to the crabmeat until the crabmeat is moist but not too wet. Divide crabmeat into cakes (1 ounce for appetizers, 4 to 6 ounces for entree). Thoroughly heat crab cakes for 10 to15 minutes at 375 degrees and finish under the broiler to brown the top. Crab cakes can also be pan-fried.