"The Big Game is at Steak" Sandwich
- 4 ounces Kona coffee beans
- 4 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 pounds elk tenderloin
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Cherry Chutney:
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped cherries
- 1/4 cup cherry wine
- 1/4 cup stock, chicken or beef
- 1/4 cup grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup allspice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 slices pancetta
- 2 ounces garlic butter
- 6 onion rolls, halved
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 3 ounces arugula
- A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Preheat a grill and smoker to medium.
Grind the coffee and dried mushrooms in a spice grinder, then rub it into the elk tenderloin. Grill the tenderloin over medium heat until medium-rare, and an instant-read thermometer registers 130 to 140 degrees F in the center, about 10 minutes. Set aside in a warming oven.
While the tenderloin is cooking, put the tomatoes on a sizzler or metal plate in a smoker for 10 minutes. Set aside.
Grill the pancetta for about 5 minutes per side, brushing with garlic butter.
To assemble: Put an onion roll on each serving plate. Spread enough goat cheese on both halves to cover slightly. Slice the elk and put some on each roll bottom. Top each with a slice of pancetta, some arugula and heirloom tomato slices. Top with a dollop of chutney and cover with the top halves of the roll.
Recipe courtesy Team Tundra
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse