- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 ounces Bloody Mary mix
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup quick grits, cooked
- 1 1/2 ounces peppered vodka, optional
- 2 ribs celery, cut in half, about 4 inches long
- 2 cucumbers, sliced about 4 inches long
For the Bloody Joe: In a saucepan, bring the tomato juice and Bloody Mary mix to a slow simmer and season with salt and pepper. Add the habanero paste to taste for desired heat. Add the eggs and slowly poach until the whites are set, about 3 minutes. Add the peppered vodka, if desired, and stir. Pour the finished eggs and Bloody Joe mixture over the quick grits. Add the celery and cucumber on the side to garnish.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.