The Brownie That Started It All a.k.a The World's Best Brownie
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 13 by 9-inch pan with vegetable oil spray.
In a glass or ceramic bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, cocoa, and vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt. Add chopped semisweet and bittersweet chocolates and pecans.
Spread the batter in prepared pan. Bake about 25 minutes, just until brownies test moist but not wet. Cool completely before cutting.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Sara Brook, Dessert Gallery Bakery & Cafe, Houston