- 1 ounce carrots
- 1 ounce green beans
- 1 ounce celery
- 4 ounces cooked Kahlua pig, or roast pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 ounce bean sprouts
- 4 pieces lumpia wrapper
- Pineapple Salsa, recipe follows
Julienne the carrots, green beans, and celery. Shred the Kahlua pig and season it with salt and pepper. Whisk together the egg and water to make the egg wash.
Wrap all ingredients, including bean sprouts, in lumpia wrappers, using egg wash to seal. Preheat a deep fryer or a heavy pot halfway filled with oil to 360 degrees F. Deep-fry the rolls until golden brown on all sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
Cut each roll in half on a slant. Serve with Pineapple Salsa.
- 2 tablespoons diced ripe but firm papaya
- 1 Maui onion, diced
- 1 piece Hawaiian chile pepper, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro leaves
- 1 Maui pineapple, peeled, cored and small diced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Thai chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet thick soy sauce
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons pineapple wine
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- Pinch black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve with Kahlua Spring Rolls.