- 16 chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into 4 equal strips
- The Lady and Sons house seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Peanut oil or lard
Sprinkle chicken tenders with house seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk and back into flour.
Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Fry fingers in deep hot oil 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard for dipping.
The Lady and Sons house seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix ingredients together and place in a shaker near the stove. Use in place of salt and pepper for all your cooking needs.
Honey mustard dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice form 1/2 a lemon
- Horseradish, to taste
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Combine all ingredients together except the orange juice and stir well. Thin to pouring with orange juice. Store in refrigerator.