- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, without casing
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless pork chops, center cut
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 (16-ounce) bag stuffing, store-bought
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup oil
- Chipotle Honey Glaze, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make a 1 to 1 1/2-inch wide by 2-inch deep incision into the pork chop and then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
In a large saute pan on medium-high heat; saute onions and celery in sausage grease until brown. Mix into pan: stuffing, apples, and chicken stock with wooden spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
Stuff each pork chop with stuffing mixture and then pan sear in hot oil, on each side, for 7 minutes in a large saute pan on medium heat. Place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Glaze pork and serve.
Chipotle Honey Glaze:
- 6 ounces Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces honey
- 2 ounces chipotle sauce
In small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until completely incorporated. Brush over cooked pork chops.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.