- 2 cups peeled, seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice (recommended: Trader Joe's)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed, optional
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup pitted black French-cured olives, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove fresh garlic
To make the Jam: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and over low-medium heat, reduce by
1/3, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature before serving.
To make the Tapenade: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely mixed. Set aside.
To make the Crostini: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thinly slice the baguette crosswise, and line up on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub each toast with the cut side of the garlic. Serve with Tomato Jam and Olive Tapenade.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.