The Original Mai Tai
- 1 1/2 ounces Myers's Plantation Rum
- 1 ounce Cuban Rum
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 Falernum*
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash Pernod
- 1 cup cracked ice
- Slice squeezed lime, for garnish
- Pineapple spear, for garnish
- Mint sprig, for garnish
- *Falernum is a lime/ginger based syrup and can be found in some large liquor stores.
Pour all the liquids into a cocktail shaker. Fill it with ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Pour it all into a 16-ounce double old-fashioned glass. Garnish with lime slice, pineapple, and mint sprig.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.