The "Rachael" Omelet
- 1/4 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter (or 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter)
- 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 ounce Muenster, shredded
- 1 ounce Cheddar, shredded
- Whole wheat toast and fresh fruit, as accompaniments
Steam the broccoli, either in a microwave or steamer, until tender and reserve.
Melt the butter in an omelet pan or small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, onions, peppers, and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently until the onions soften and the tomato juices evaporate, about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli to the pan and season the vegetable mixture with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the vegetables. Cook until the eggs begin to set 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the cheeses over the omelet. Cook until the eggs are no longer runny then fold the omelet in half. Raise the heat if the omelet is not brown. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, if necessary, then transfer to a plate and serve with whole-wheat toast and fresh fruit.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.