The Real "Dill" Chicken Sandwich
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small bunch fresh dill leaves
- 1 bunch parsley leaves 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 pepperoncini peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large ciabatta loaf, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 8 ounces baby greens or red leaf lettuce
In a plastic bag set in a medium bowl, combine remaining herb mixture, half the lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken in a plastic bag, add marinade, seal, and massage to distribute marinade evenly on the chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour, flipping once halfway through.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from bag being careful not to remove herbs. Season with salt and pepper and cook on grill, turning once, until juices run clear, approximately 6 minutes on each side. Remove to a cutting board and cut each breast in half.
To assemble sandwich: cut ciabatta pieces in half horizontally, slather one side of bread with dill-pepperoncini spread. Place chicken on other slice, top with baby greens, and finish with the piece of bread covered with dill-pepperoncini sauce.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2009
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.