- 1/2 lemon
- 4 to 6 large basil leaves, stems removed
- 3 to 4 teaspoons natural brown sugar, to taste
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces flavored rum or flavored vodka (recommended: Bacardi Coco Rum or Skyy Vanilla Vodka)
- 3 ounces sweet and sour mix (recommended: Finest Call)
- Small sprig of basil, for garnish
Cut the lemon into small cubes. Put all but 1 lemon cube, the basil, and brown sugar together in a glass and muddle until the consistency of a paste or jam. Fill a glass with ice. Pour rum and sweet and sour mix into shaker without ice. Put cap on and shake; this blends the spirit with the mixer and creates a "froth". Strain into glass and stir. Garnish with small spring of basil and cube of lemon and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.