- 1 medium potato (any kind), skin on, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yam, skin on, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 carrot and/or parsnip, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 head garlic, cloves separated and skins removed
- 2 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup Calamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary or thyme, stems removed
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare vegetables.
In a large roasting pan, add potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts. Add olive oil and salt, and toss thoroughly. Roast in oven for 20 minutes,
Add garlic, shallots, and toss with oil in bottom of pan. Roast for 20 more minutes
Add bell peppers, olives, fresh herbs and black pepper. Toss with the oil in the pan and return to oven.
Cook for 20 to 40 minutes longer, turning once or twice or until vegetables are nicely browned but not charred. Serve immediately.