The Working Man's Fillet
- 1 (8-ounce) beef fillet
- 1 large mushroom, marinated in your favorite marinade
- Steak seasoning (recommended: KC Steak Seasoning)
- 8 ounces horseradish cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup beer (recommended: O'Doul's)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely diced carrots
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Season both fillet and mushroom with a heavy shake of seasoning and then place both on grill; grill until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a serving plate.
While fillet is on the grill, combine horseradish cheese, horseradish, heavy cream, beer, 1/2 of the green onions, and 1/2 of the carrots in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until creamy and heated through. Pour sauce over fillet on plate. Sprinkle chopped peanuts and remaining green onions and carrots over top. Serve with the grilled mushroom.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.