Three Bean Salad for the 90's
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup each cooked small red or pink kidney beans, white beans and chick peas, chilled
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, seeded, sliced and steamed, cooled and dried
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil, dill, parsley and mint
In the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar and Dijon mustard and season well with salt and pepper. Add the beans, peppers and red onion. Toss, adjust seasoning and chill until serving time.
Right before serving add the zucchini and herbs so they don't discolor.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.