Three Onion Potato Casserole
- 2 large packages Hashbrown Potato patties (8) defrosted and broken apart in large mixing bowl
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or cream of celery (for kosher)
- 1 large bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (nonfat)
- 1 to 2 cups cheddar or Jack cheese (for spicy, use jalapeno jack)
- 1 small can French Fried Onions, for topping
Mix all ingredients together, except the fried onions. Put into deep casserole. Top with onions. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour until golden on top. Can be made ahead a couple of days. Do not bake until ready to use. Can also be frozen.
ADDENDUM TO THREE ONION POTATO CASSEROLE: To make hash-brown potatoes from scratch:
Rinse potatoes. Peel potatoes and shred. Soak in water for at least a 1/2 hour to remove starch. Saute drained potatoes in butter or oil until cooked to the 3/4 point Set aside.
Resume with regular recipe preparation.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, the Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.