Three Ring Salad
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces, steamed and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and diced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and sliced in quarters lengthwise and each quarter sliced into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves, plus some small sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
Whisk the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper together in a bowl with a tight fitting lid, then add the green beans, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, and onion and seal with the lid. Shake gently to coat the beans. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, and then refrigerate overnight.
Stir in bell pepper, cucumber, mint, and parsley and gently fold in tomatoes, reserving some for the presentation. Transfer to a serving dish, arrange remaining tomatoes on top and garnish with parsley sprigs.
2006, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved