Three Sisters Saute with Sage Pesto
- 1 pound zucchini squash, cut into bite-size, or thinly julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heirloom beans, cooked
- 2 ears frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup chopped ripe Roma tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Sage Pesto, recipe follows
- Sage Pesto:
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sage leaves, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh, mild goat cheese, optional
Rinse and trim squashes, julienne on a mandoline using the skins for a pasta effect or cut into bite-sized chunks or use whole baby squashes.
Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add squash and saute for 1 minute, then in succession tossing and stirring with each addition add beans, corn, tomatoes, then add the sage pesto stirring gently to distribute evenly.
Salt, only if needed and serve immediately.Sage Pesto:
Thank you! your flag was submitted.