- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 small fresh jalapeno chili, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine the corn, beans, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight to combine flavors.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.