- 1/2 lemon
- 4 to 6 large basil leaves, stems removed
- 3 to 4 teaspoons natural brown sugar, to taste
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces flavored rum or flavored vodka (recommended: Bacardi Coco Rum or Skyy Vanilla Vodka)
- 3 ounces sweet and sour mix (recommended: Finest Call)
- Small sprig of basil, for garnish
Cut the lemon into small cubes. Put all but 1 lemon cube, the basil, and brown sugar together in a glass and muddle until the consistency of a paste or jam. Fill a glass with ice. Pour rum and sweet and sour mix into shaker without ice. Put cap on and shake; this blends the spirit with the mixer and creates a "froth". Strain into glass and stir. Garnish with small spring of basil and cube of lemon and serve immediately.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.