- 15 pieces lime, juiced
- 8 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/6 package (3 5/7-ounce) package axiote (Annato)
- 4 pieces fish fillets, any bones removed
- 1 banana leaf
- 3 pieces sliced green peppers
- 1 piece sliced red onion
- 3 pieces sliced tomatoes
- Grilled green beans, for service, optional
- Cooked rice, for service, optional
- For the Axiote sauce:
DirectionsFor the Axiote sauce:
Stir the lime juice with garlic, salt, pepper and axiote. Set aside.For the fish:
Marinate each fish fillet in axiote sauce for 5 minutes.
Open the banana leaf, cut it in 4 pieces and equally place some of the vegetables and fish. Close it up as if it were a package and bake in a preheated 330 degree F oven for 4 minutes on each side.
Serve it with grilled green beans and rice, if desired
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.