- 15 pieces lime, juiced
- 8 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/6 package (3 5/7-ounce) package axiote (Annato)
- 4 pieces fish fillets, any bones removed
- 1 banana leaf
- 3 pieces sliced green peppers
- 1 piece sliced red onion
- 3 pieces sliced tomatoes
- Grilled green beans, for service, optional
- Cooked rice, for service, optional
- For the Axiote sauce:
DirectionsFor the Axiote sauce:
Stir the lime juice with garlic, salt, pepper and axiote. Set aside.For the fish:
Marinate each fish fillet in axiote sauce for 5 minutes.
Open the banana leaf, cut it in 4 pieces and equally place some of the vegetables and fish. Close it up as if it were a package and bake in a preheated 330 degree F oven for 4 minutes on each side.
Serve it with grilled green beans and rice, if desired
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.