Tinga Poblana: Pork Tenderloin in a Roasted Tomato and Avocado Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 pound plum tomatoes roasted, peeled and chopped
- 6 ounces chorizo, out of the casing, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 ounces canned chipotle chiles in adobo, blended
- Salt, to taste, plus 1/2 teaspoon, and more for seasoning
- 1 medium avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 medium-size tomatillos, husks removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup cold water
- Cilantro pluches, for garnish
- 2 medium size pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each, trimmed)
In a medium-size pan heat the oil, and saute the onions and chopped garlic, until fragrant. Add the chopped tomatoes, and cook for about 30 minutes at medium heat.
Mix in the cooked chorizo, cloves, cinnamon, thyme and chipotle chiles, add salt, to taste. Set aside.
Season the pork tenderloins with salt. In a very hot cast-iron skillet sear the pork for about 4 minutes, turn the pork, and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes or until done. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
On a dinner plate put the avocado-tomatillo salsa. In the center, mound the tomato-chipotle sauce. Slice the pork on a diagonal, and place on top of the tomato sauce and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Spaetzle and Apple Cilantro Salsa, Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp in Roasted Tomatoes, Pork Tenderloin and Chorizo Fried Fondue with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Guacamole and Ancho Bbq Sauce, Broccoli, Cornish Hen Recipes, Fruit Dessert, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Main Dish, Tomato Salad Recipes