Tofu and Spinach Salad Spicy Miso Dressing
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped gari (pickled ginger) Save 4 pieces for garnish.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion greens
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 3 cups spinach chiffonade
- 1 package soft tofu (homemade or store bought), cut into 1/4- inch slices
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
In a blender cup, add vinegar, soy sauce, miso, sambal oelek, sugar and gari. Blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in both oils. Check for seasoning. Pour dressing into a bowl and fold in scallions. Toss the spinach with the dressing.
Plating: Place a ring mold in the center of a plate. Make a napoleon by alternating layers of tofu and spinach. Remove ring and drizzle with more dressing. Garnish with gari and sesame seeds.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.