- For the togarashi:
- 1 sheet nori
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest, allowed to dry on a paper towel
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For the prawns:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound large prawns, shelled and deveined, with tails on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. To make the togarashi, toast the nori on an ungreased baking sheet for 20 minutes in the oven. Allow to cool, then rip the nori into pieces that will fit in your spice mill. Grind the nori, sesame seeds, orange zest, and pepper flakes in batches if necessary, and mix together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until very hot. Add the prawns and cook 3 to 4 minutes, tossing and turning the prawns as they cook. When they are firm and pink, sprinkle the prawns with the togarashi, salt, and pepper, and toss well to coat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.