Tom Hayes Chili with Chocolate
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 4 milk chocolate kisses (recommended: Hershey's)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of kidney beans, undrained
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese
Cook first 3 ingredients in olive oil, in Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir until ground beef crumbles, then drain. Return mixture to Dutch oven and stir in the chili powder, tomato sauce, and chocolate kisses. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Add kidney beans and cook until throughly heated. Garnish if desired.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Tom Hayes