This is a really cool first course for any dinner party or special date night dinner. You have to find the freshest Ahi tuna.
- 8-ounces sushi-grade Ahi tuna, diced small
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, finely diced
- 4-ounces unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 Gala apple, thinly sliced into rounds
In a small saute pan over high heat, melt the butter and cook it until it turns a deep rich brown. As soon as the butter turns brown, stir in the parsley, tarragon, and chives and remove from the heat. Spoon the butter over the tuna mixture and serve immediately with 1 apple slice on the side.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.