Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad with Almond Vinaigrette
- Almond Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the vinaigrette: Combine the almonds, harissa and garlic in a small saute pan over medium heat and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallots and lime juice in a separate bowl, and then whisk in the almond-harissa mixture.
For the salad: Toss together the corn, mint, parsley, capers and jalapenos in a large bowl. Season with the salt and a few grindings of fresh pepper. Add the tomatoes and toss with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the goat cheese and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Green and Red Tomato Salad, BLT: Beef, Leek and Tomato Salad - with Bacon Dressing - an extra "B"!, Grilled Whole-Wheat Pita Salad with Parsley-Garlic Dressing, Baked Beans, Roasted Beet Recipes, Stuffing Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Tomato Side Dish Recipes