Tomato and Grilled Corn Salad with Almond Vinaigrette
- Almond Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the vinaigrette: Combine the almonds, harissa and garlic in a small saute pan over medium heat and saute for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, shallots and lime juice in a separate bowl, and then whisk in the almond-harissa mixture.
For the salad: Toss together the corn, mint, parsley, capers and jalapenos in a large bowl. Season with the salt and a few grindings of fresh pepper. Add the tomatoes and toss with the vinaigrette. Garnish with the goat cheese and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.