Tomato Jam and Olive Tapenade on Garlic Crostini
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot juice (recommended: Trader Joe's)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel seed, optional
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup pitted black French-cured olives, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove fresh garlic
To make the Jam: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and over low-medium heat, reduce by
1/3, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature before serving.
To make the Tapenade: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until coarsely mixed. Set aside.
To make the Crostini: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Thinly slice the baguette crosswise, and line up on a cookie sheet. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub each toast with the cut side of the garlic. Serve with Tomato Jam and Olive Tapenade.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Reggie Southerland