- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Italian three-cheese blend, divided
- 3 medium leeks, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 (2.1-ounce) package fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Lower the oven to 375 degrees F.
Saute leeks in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until tender; sprinkle over crust. Arrange tomatoes over leeks; sprinkle with basil and garlic.
Stir together remaining 1 cup cheese blend, chopped bacon, and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spoon cheese mixture over tart, spreading to edges.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Cut tart into 4 slices. Garnish, with basil sprigs, if desired.
"The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. They have been tested in the Southern Living Test Kitchens. All brand names have been removed from these recipes, which originally appeared on southernlivingcookoff.com."
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine