- 2 large ripe but firm peaches
- 2 large ripe but firm tomatoes
- 8 teaspoons sundried tomato pesto
- 8 large basil leaves, plus small leaves for garnish
1. Trim the bottom ends off the peaches and trim the tops and bottoms off the tomatoes; discard or save for another use. Cut the peaches crosswise into five ½-inch-thick round slices, running the knife around the pits. Pop the slices off the pit, keeping the slices in order. Cut the tomatoes into five ½-inch-thick round slices, keeping the slices in order.
2. Place 1 bottommost peach slice on a serving dish and spread with 1 teaspoon pesto. Top with the bottommost tomato slice and then a basil leaf. Repeat the layering once, then top with the top peach slice to recreate a round fruit shape. Repeat once, then make 2 more towers, alternating the order of the slices so that you start and end with tomato slices, topping with the tomato tops.
3. Garnish the tops with small basil leaves.