Tomato Relish for Grilled Fish
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked, washed and chopped
- 1 pound Italian Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a pot combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer about an hour. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Tomatillo relish can be stored in the refrigerator up to a week. To serve, line a large platter or serving plates with relish and top with grilled fish fillets. Or serve as a condiment with cold meats. Garnish with grilled scallions.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.