- 1 pint basket of small tomatoes: cherry, red or golden currant tomatoes, yellow pear
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram or torn basil leaves
- Few drops balsamic vinegar, to taste
Rinse the tomatoes, remove the stems, and cut them into halves or quarters. Leave tiny currant tomatoes whole. Put in a bowl with the shallot, season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, then toss with the olive oil and marjoram. Taste the salad and add a little balsamic vinegar if needed or desired.