- 4 heirloom tomatoes (you may substitute vine ripened tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 -ounce chopped herbs (parsley, basil and chives)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
Cut the tomatoes into bite-size slivers or chunks and simply add all of the ingredients to the tomatoes. It is best to let marinate for at least 30 minutes but not more than 2 hours.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Vetri of Vetri
Fresh Mozzarella and Stacked Heirloom Tomato Salad with Green Chile-Cilantro Oil and Chipotle Vinegar
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay