Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Edible Flowers
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium non-acidic tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 to 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 1 cup mixed edible flowers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a mixing bowl combine, salt and pepper, mustard and chives. Stir in the vinegar. Slowly add the oil, whisking continually.
Arrange tomatoes and cheese in an attractive manner on four salad plates. Garnish with flowers (whole or broken into petals). Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.